For over 31 years, Samaritan Inns’ has been providing structured housing and addiction recovery services to give homeless and addicted men and women in the nation’s capital the opportunity to rebuild their lives. We offer a successful and comprehensive Recovery Continuum that utilizes addictions treatment and housing which services the individual at every level of recovery.
Samaritan Inns is seeking a Development Associate to support fundraising efforts, primarily through the writing of grant proposals, appeals, and articles for the quarterly newsletter. This position will report to the Director of Development and Communications and work collaboratively in a team environment with the Social Media/Volunteer Coordinator.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Drafting of proposals, appeals/solicitations, and acknowledgment letters;
- Maintaining and updating SI’s grant calendar and foundation lists;
- Interviewing staff and clients in order to write newsletter articles;
- Providing support at special events, and volunteer activities.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, communications, or other relevant field.
- One to two years of experience working directly with fundraising or marketing in a nonprofit.
- Excellent written communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Energy and passion for the mission of Samaritan Inns.
- Ability to manage a challenging workload and to stay proactively engaged.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in the use of social media.
- Proven ability to engage with colleagues and to form strong working relationships in a team environment.
Please send cover letter and resume to: Cecilia Kramer at email@example.com. Or mail to Samaritan Inns, 2523 14th Street NW, Washington, DC 20009. No phone calls please.