The second phase in the Recovery Continuum is the Transitional Living Program. It is a 4-6 month program which empowers residents to practice the principles learned during their 28-day treatment. The program is certified by and in possession of an Access to Recovery (ATR) provider agreement from DC Department of Behavioral Health.
During these months, residents are required to:
- Obtain employment within 30 days
- Deepen their understanding of recovery by attending weekly meetings with the addictions counselors
- Develop a broad recovery support network, through local 12 step meetings, as well as with a sponsor
- Learn money management skills and begin to build a savings account
- Gain access to health care, GED tutoring, job training, and spiritual growth opportunities
- Benefit from peer community support and accountability
For more information on our Transitional Living Program, please contact Lynette Daniels, firstname.lastname@example.org 202-667-8831 ext 267 or Thaddeus McCrae 202-667-8831 ext 234, email@example.com.