Samaritan Inns, Inc.
Samaritan Inns, a highly successful faith-based social services agency providing housing and residential addiction/recovery treatment programs to low-income and homeless populations in the District of Columbia, is looking for an associate to play an integral part of the success of the development team. The Development Associate assists with all aspects of development including data entry and acknowledgements, special events, annual giving, grants, stewardship, volunteer coordination and in-kind donations. The Development Associate works closely with the Director of the Development and the President and CEO, and reports to the Director of Development.
Principal Responsibilities Include:
- Enter all pledges and gifts into Bloomerang database correctly and in a timely manner.
- Draft detailed and accurate invoices, pledge letters, acknowledgements and/or receipts for all gifts in a timely manner.
- Complete any matching gift paperwork or online confirmations.
- Assist in basic research and identify foundation, individual, and corporate prospects.
- Provide administrative assistance and support in executing all appeals, including list clean up, proofreading, and mailing/emailing.
- Track all foundation and government grant reporting dates and grant deadlines and communicate deadlines and tasks with team members in a timely fashion.
- Develop and write general operating and project-related applications for annual government and foundation grants. Oversee preparation of all necessary financial and supplementary materials for grant and proposal submission.
- Prepare all grant reports and acknowledgements. Work collaboratively with program directors and finance department to establish timelines and deliverables to meet grant reporting requirements.
- Provide special event support as needed and requested in creating, managing, tracking, and executing a variety of events for donors and prospects.
- Assist with creation of e-newsletters and printed newsletters.
- Organize and prepare fiscal year donation information as needed for registration with charitable divisions by state. Coordinate with staff for appropriate signatures and processing mailing each registration form in a timely manner.
- Coordinate Christmas card mailing.
- Create and print monthly worship flyers and other flyers as needed.
- Recruit volunteers for fellowship dinners and other volunteer opportunities at Samaritan Inns properties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prefer at least one year’s experience in development or fundraising for a non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated accuracy and solid attention to detail, accuracy and coordination.
- Excellent skills in database entry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel required, knowledge of databases is desirable (Bloomerang experience a plus!).
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities, organize workload, manage team demands, meet deadlines and set and achieve goals.
$50,000 – $55,000 per year
Full-time, in person
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
All staff must be vaccinated against Covid-19.
TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.